Husq 2554 Fuel linkage

CEgg11

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have the 2554 with Kohler 730 engine 25HP twin cylinder. I am recovering from surgery and I knew I had a carb problem, so instead of trying to clean the old one out, I just ordered a new one. My issue is this - I asked my son to take the old carb off and I'd walk him through putting it back on. Big mistake! Since I wasn't there to see it come off, I am confused as to how the linkages attach and work. I have the diagram, and I have the throttle linkage attached to the governor. I have the choke rod attached to the choke linkage. When I manipulate the throttle, a bracket swings back and forth but the throttle barley moves at all. It's not running right now. I have everything attached as the diagram says to, but I just don't see how I'll have any throttle at all doing it this way. Any help?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
I assuming your are referring to the SV730.

Throttle plate is held open by the governor spring until the engine is running and then the throttle plate closes per input from governor according to the throttle cable position. Be it full, partial, or idle speed setting.