T tedshred Forum Newbie May 6, 2012 #1 I'm sitting here with a bag of ice on my left thumb...again! I have an imprint of the end of the starter handle on my thumb. Any guess to why the mower rips the starter out of my hand when I try to restart after emptying the bag? thnx ted
I'm sitting here with a bag of ice on my left thumb...again! I have an imprint of the end of the starter handle on my thumb. Any guess to why the mower rips the starter out of my hand when I try to restart after emptying the bag? thnx ted
pugaltitude Lawn Addict May 6, 2012 #2 Usually its because the timing is out because the flyweel key is sheared due to the blade hit something hard.
Usually its because the timing is out because the flyweel key is sheared due to the blade hit something hard.
T tedshred Forum Newbie May 6, 2012 #3 my wife hit a stump, so that's probably it. how deep into the mower is it?
pugaltitude Lawn Addict May 6, 2012 #4 tedshred said: my wife hit a stump, so that's probably it. how deep into the mower is it? Click to expand... You have to take the starter recoil cover off and then the big bolt holding the flywheel on. Then take the flywheel off and the key is in the slot for the flywheel. What engine?
tedshred said: my wife hit a stump, so that's probably it. how deep into the mower is it? Click to expand... You have to take the starter recoil cover off and then the big bolt holding the flywheel on. Then take the flywheel off and the key is in the slot for the flywheel. What engine?
T tedshred Forum Newbie May 8, 2012 #6 Ok, I replaced the key. Put everything back together and now it won't start. Pulled & cleaned the plug, checked spark, that's ok. Suggestions? Thanks Ted
Ok, I replaced the key. Put everything back together and now it won't start. Pulled & cleaned the plug, checked spark, that's ok. Suggestions? Thanks Ted