Huskee Wood Splitters

The Huskee units are fine splitters. The ones at TSC are vertical/horizontal units, and are heavy duty with a full beam and log cradle. They dropped their price on the 22 ton recently to $999.00. If your splitting 8 -12 face cord a year the 22 ton should be fine. For larger amounts, I think I would go bigger.
 
Green Girl,that's a lot of wood! Is wood your only heat source and what kind of wood do you burn? russ

I'll second that. I can't imagine using that much wood -- but I live in the South and am a huge fan of thermal underwear.:smile: I just light my first fire of the season last night and could have done without it.
 
We use ten cords of wood to heat our home each winter. We absolutely could not live without our wood splitter! We got a good deal on ours from a neighbor who decided to upgrade his model.

Holy Buckets, Green Girl! Do you keep your house extra warm, or are you short on insulation? :wink:

We go through 3-4 cords each winter. Our wood stove is in the basement, then we run the furnace fan to circulate the air through the house.
 
Back
Top