Huffy Lawn Mower

Great looking photos of the Huffy Broad Lawn. I have just bought a restored 1963 Broad Lawn myself with the mower deck. I hope to collect it in a month time.
 
Here is my Huffy Broadlawn. 5 hp, 1965 or 66. I have a snow plow and chains with it. I have the mower deck but the pulley for the blade is broken and the bolt into the bottom of the crank is broken off. I am planning on putting it together for my grandson to run around the yard when he is done with his power wheels. Let me know what you think.
Ted

this is very much like my son's mower .. his has a handle on the right side to rais and lower the deck rather than the crank on the back

hitting a couple walls with it at the moment but it mows well lol
smokes like crazy underload from a bad exhaust valvestem seal and i have no clue hot to replace the drive belt so hills just dont happen
 
When Huffy exited the lawnmower business, they assigned all parts inquiries to the Saiel Mower Parts Co. which I believe is now defunked. This was 1973-74 timeframe. Huffy's where probably the most popular homeowner riding mowers in the mid 1960's Especially the Ranchero model. They also had some beautiful walk behind mowers back in the 1950's. They had one lever height adjusting and folding handles and used the Briggs 6B engine with oil bath air cleaners and made of the first self-propelled walk behind mowers on the market. There was some injury litigation because of the Huffy's spark plug location on some of their riding mowers and the CPSC to this day has regulations on spark plug location on lawnmowers.
 
Back
Top