Hs60av

Johnny trimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone I just spent a week cutting my hedge with some sheers I have 2 Stihl hs60 av machines they running bogged down I did research n found out it may be my spark arrestor if anybody can tell me where it’s located I been searching the net for info and found nothing I could take it to a shop to be looked at but rather do it myself any assistance will be appreciated gravely by me my shoulders n my hedge really hurt my arms a week on the hedge sheets lol thank you everyone

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Looks like it is a screen connected to the muffler with one screw. May have to remove that small screw and then slide it out of the slotted pocket that it sits in.

Johnny trimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Looks like it is a screen connected to the muffler with one screw. May have to remove that small screw and then slide it out of the slotted pocket that it sits in.
Mate where is the muffler is it near exhaust I’m not very clued up with engines sorry if u could post a pic or if u have a manual I could copy

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
It's called a exhaust muffler for a reason.

The HS60 is a odd looking hedger when compared to the normal ones I see here.
1682674496704.png
1682674460191.png

Johnny trimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Dude I undid both screws located in pic n they was just that two screws with no point spark arrestee must of been taken out on my air filter I just have the little thin piece of filter would that cause engine to run boggy I also need to correctly do high n low screws I did get a manual off Stihl for hs 60 N it shows two sorts of filter a like block one and the thin piece which I have

Johnny trimmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
Mate where is the muffler is it near exhaust I’m not very clued up with engines sorry if u could post a pic or if u have a manual I could copy
Dude I’ve got no where don’t think has spark arrestor there’s two screws rite in like a little hole took them out but that’s all wot happend screws came out wot air filter do I need I have a thin piece one but in the manual there 2 sorts of air filters a like block one and the thin one help me ??????

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Here is the blowup of the filter area with part numbers.
hs60.JPG

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Fish, we are talking about the spark arrester, OP has it confused with the air filter.