hrr216vka smartdrive handle rotates all the way around

ockola

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / hrr216vka smartdrive handle rotates all the way around
The self-propel quit working, again, and tightening the cable wasn't working so I took apart the smart drive handle to take a look. Putting it back together was tricky - ended up having to unhook the cable from the bottom to loosen it enough so the little pin would fit in the slots of the guide. But something must still be wrong because now the entire handle doesn't work right and the entire thing can rotate completely around.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Maybe the second half of this video will help you out.

dawgn86

Threads
That video saved me frustration today. I replaced belt and drive cable and couldn't get the Smart drive put back together.

Put the screwdriver behind the transmission and rest the mower on it. It will give more slack and help line up the pin.

ockola

Forum Newbie
Threads
We unhooked the cable completely from the bottom and still couldn't get it to work right. We're going to try replacing with a new cable - the existing one doesn't seem to budge whether it is unhooked or not, or if it is turned all the way loose.

dawgn86

Threads
We unhooked the cable completely from the bottom and still couldn't get it to work right. We're going to try replacing with a new cable - the existing one doesn't seem to budge whether it is unhooked or not, or if it is turned all the way loose.
I ordered a new one from Amazon along with a new belt and changed them both. Hooking up the cable with the Smart Drive was a pain at first, then saw on the video how to give it some slack.

Last edited: