HRR2169VYA Homedepot

mustbeh4x

Forum Newbie
Threads
I bought a used HRR2169VYA from the Homedepot for $350.00.
5 years later . . . still works great!

Last edited:

gainestruk

Threads
If the deck gash goes all the way thru I think I would take it back, under deck it looks like that might be primer paint.

mustbeh4x

Forum Newbie
Threads
The gash is only on the surface. I forgot to mention that it did not come with the bag.

cpurvis

Lawn Addict
Threads
This is how it came to you as 'reconditioned?' What, if anything, did they recondition?

What is the blue stuff on the gas cap? Tape? Was it like THAT when you got it?

What really matters is if you're happy with it, not someone else's opinion (mine included), but I have to wonder how much use Home Depot will allow and still accept returns.

mustbeh4x

Forum Newbie
Threads
The salesman could not give me info on what was reconditioned, but they gave me an extra year of warranty. They're also giving me 30 days to return/exchange for a full refund if I should change my mind. It came with blue tape on the gas cap, I'm not sure why. Better grip? It seems like a good machine overall. Engine runs smoothly and it's not loud. It mows evenly and I was able to cut through a 12" high lawn like butter, so I guess the blades check out okay. I'll decide what to do after my second mow this weekend, but I believe this ones a keeper!

Briantii

Threads
I bought this reconditioned HRR2169VYA from Homedepot for $350.00

View attachment 27376

View attachment 27377

View attachment 27379

View attachment 27378

View attachment 27375

I've mowed with it once, had no issues. I like the even cut it left my lawn and the grass clippings are tiny! I'm just wondering if I got a good deal at $350? The front of the deck has a gash and so does the front right wheel, but I believe those are just cosmetic flaws that won't lead to any problems down the road. I also noticed that the bottom of the deck and blades look like they have rusted, but I don't believe it's rust. Can anyone explain what's going on down there? Should I be worried?

It's a great mower - I'm not sure it's a great deal though. It's a $500 mower brand new with a 3 year factory warranty. Considering Home Depot will match competitors coupons... if you can get a Lowes 10%, 15% or 20% off coupon you can take it to HD and buy the mower new for only a little more than you paid used. That's exactly what I did. Good luck and you can't really go wrong either way.

mustbeh4x

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had my second mow this weekend and I'm noticing that this mower is leaving me some single, uncut blades of grass randomly sticking up on my lawn. It did that with the first mow, but I thought maybe it was because I was mowing too fast. Tried mowing at a slower speed this time around, but same thing. Should I be concerned or is this normal with these residential value HRR series mowers?

zmister11

Threads
I had my second mow this weekend and I'm noticing that this mower is leaving me some single, uncut blades of grass randomly sticking up on my lawn. It did that with the first mow, but I thought maybe it was because I was mowing too fast. Tried mowing at a slower speed this time around, but same thing. Should I be concerned or is this normal with these residential value HRR series mowers?

What type of grass are you mowing? Also if the grass is pretty tall then sometimes that's normal to a degree

mustbeh4x

Forum Newbie
Threads
Grass has been pretty tall for both cuts, so that could have been it. I believe it's St. Augustinegrass because the leaves are large, course and broad.

zmister11

Threads
Grass has been pretty tall for both cuts, so that could have been it. I believe it's St. Augustinegrass because the leaves are large, course and broad.

I would try to cut it more often before it gets taller like that. My push mower does the same thing in tall grass.