HRR2163VXA sounds like its pulsing

thatdood

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got a honda hrr2163vxa and when you start it up with the choke everything seems fine. Once you pull the throttle back to the rabbit it sits there and does some sort of pulse rev from fully revved to low and back and forth. I can see the throttle cable pulling back and releasing every time it does the pulsing sound.

I've cleaned out the carb real good twice and still can't seem to get it running right. Does anyone have any ideas?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sounds like a classic case of a plugged main jet / nozzle. Here are a few cleaning tips, but if they still don't work, you might just go buy a new carburetor. They are pretty cheap (<$30) and will generally be a faster/easier fix than overhauling a carb.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.

Attachments

• carb cleaning 1 of 3.png
    carb cleaning 1 of 3.png
    118.2 KB · Views: 46
  • carb cleaning 2 of 3.png
    carb cleaning 2 of 3.png
    70.3 KB · Views: 48
  • carb cleaning 3 of 3.png
    carb cleaning 3 of 3.png
    41.1 KB · Views: 45
  • HRR216K3 carb exploded diagram.png
    HRR216K3 carb exploded diagram.png
    103.4 KB · Views: 47

thatdood

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for your help. That's kind of what I figured. I called my local Honda dealer and they said the carburetor has been on back order for quite some time. I may have to just look elsewhere and see if I can get it shipped in. I'll look around for another place to purchase one.

thanks

Sounds like a classic case of a plugged main jet / nozzle. Here are a few cleaning tips, but if they still don't work, you might just go buy a new carburetor. They are pretty cheap (<$30) and will generally be a faster/easier fix than overhauling a carb.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

-Robert@Honda

Caveat: I work for Honda, but the preceding was my opinion alone.