HRB 215 wheel size

mcarbo

Threads
I love my old Honda but want to cut higher than what is possible with this deck. Can I install the 9" wheels without a problem to raise my cutting height? I hate to buy a new mower, especially since the HRX217HYA is currently out of my price range.

Threads
I have a Honda also and I frequently wish it could go higher, also! I don't know the answer to your question, but I am curious to see the answer because I have a lawn care business, and most of my customers only want me to mow once a week. Now it is fine, but in spring, you cut off around 4-5 inches!! I wish it went higher so I could cut it once and then do it again after lowering it, since I have to do it twice anyway since it clumps!!

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've asked our mower engineer this question before, and sadly, "no" it's not possible to just swap out wheels for bigger ones. The adjuster parts, as well as the self-propel gears, etc. are just too different in size. You may also run into a fit/rubbing issue against the mower deck even if you could rig 'em on there some how.

Sell your old Honda and fund a new HRX; they cut right up to 4" and it's exactly because we has so many customers asking for a higher cut height.

mcarbo

Threads
Thanks for the reply. An $800 mower isn't in the cards right now, so a shorter cut it will have to be...