Repairs HR 214 SXA throwing oil

mahaffeymj

Threads
Proud original owner of HR214 SXA #1116108. very few problems for 30+ years , but started throwing oil on top of deck. took off engine cover and could see oil leaking out under flywheel. looking at schematic on boat.net (http://www.boats.net/parts/search/Honda/Lawn Mower/0/HR214 SXA#1/CYLINDER BARREL/parts.html) do not see a seal for top of crankshaft, but assume under flywheel. is it a job to lock the blade underneath and remove the flywheel? what site has the schematic better or maybe I am reading it wrong and shows the right part #. Any help appreciated to see what involved. would love to save my baby.

( strange thing is also have the only mower better HR215K1HMA and it also recently started throwing oil, but underneath deck, so assume lower seal on it. after reading up on it here, decided to take it in to dealer for a look see though. looked a little over my head).

kburns

Forum Newbie
Threads
In the IPL you linked to, part 39 is the upper oil seal.

mahaffeymj

Threads
In the IPL you linked to, part 39 is the upper oil seal.

thanks, kburns. see you are correct from this file i discuss below.

forgot had this file some might find useful, but I see it will not upload to forum as too big a file. it contains engine specs on GXV 120 and 160. appears to be several variants on the flywheel. can remember parting out a GXV 160 HR215 k1 and removing flywheel with screw drivers on each side instead of the tool recommended. if anyone wants the file I can send/email it. it is also in German, spanish, & french.

anyone that has done above, give me a hollar for any info/advise.
thanks