How too remove motor

I have MM2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Unit is MM2000
I was mowing over piles of leaves to mulch them. Got some sticks stuck and it stopped the motor. It started to smell so I stopped. The motor is much weaker now. I took off the cover and the brushes are an inch long. I sanded them as one had chips off the corners. I sprayed the motor with electrical cleaner. No change. So research led me to the idea that the rectifier might be damaged. It is not visible as mounted. I assume it is under the motor.
Looks like you have to remove the motor from the unit to get at the rectifier. Well I have it all taken down but it will not come off. It seems like there must be something holding it from below but there is nothing visible. there are 3 machine screws that are under the fan and one screw on top in front. Otherwise I see nothing holding it yet something obviously is. Anyone got ssome info or at least a repair manual?
Thank You

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads

I have MM2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Read operators manual thoroughly.
Thanks. I had found that sears page. That expanded diagram is not my mower. I tried Jacks before I came on here and also did not find help. I saw that diagram too. It is my mower but there is obviously something missing or too small to see as the motor does not lift off in the way it is indicated with removing those 3 screws behind the fan. So I am grateful but IDK how to use that help. Something is not letting that motor lift off the deck.

Edit- I was able to enlarge it and it seems the two screws #80 may be the problem. there is no access to them from under the motor.

Last edited:

I have MM2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Soooo :/ I wrote Jaks an email then decided to go look again and egg on face sure enough scraping with a tool instead of my hand removed dirt that exposed two hole where the problem was. There was no rectifier underneath when I got the motor out. I see no way to removed the top plastic part of the motor where the brushes sit and it looks like some replaceable part is under.
Like I said it runs by weaker. I put it back together (sure enough extra screw??) as the grass is needing to be cut. Is there a diagnostic manual for these?
Thanks for the help

Attachments

• lemmefixitboss.png
    lemmefixitboss.png
    313.3 KB · Views: 2

I have MM2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did the curb strips and it started to smell like burnt electrical motor so I quit.

I have MM2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
The latest. 4-18-24
I finally got back to it and when I opened it to try to remove the top I found that the brushes had melted the plastic of the top piece I wanted to remove. They were stuck. I persuaded them out with big channel locks. I removed the two screws in that diagram but the top did not want to come off. I am wondering if my problem hasn't been the brushes all along. I'm going to ask at the shop that I can't afford to pay to fix it. It makes sense that they would get hot if they weren't working right and that melted plastic explains the hot electric motor smell.

I have MM2000

Forum Newbie
Threads
Number I had was dead. called a different place He told me I ruined the windings and buying a new mower would be cheaper than paying him to replace the motor. I found a couple motors online but there is no picture. I suspect they are not the complete motor assembly with all parts. I can't get this one apart so if I bought the windings which I suspect that is what is for sale I wouldn't be able to install it. For any other MM2000 13amp 20inch owners the motor assembly part number is 5140164-38.
I'm not sure what I am going to do except spend money I should not have to.