How to swap choke-a-matic over to manual choke

The end result was a generic choke cable. I bought the cable from Amazon, ran it and drilled a hole near the steering wheel to mount the top. It worked well and I got use of the nower until the frame rusted where the transmission bolts to it. Shortly after I bought a new one. I saved the motor though.
 
Great thanks guys. I will try and obtain the video, but the tip on the cable helps. I understand the theory in play, just trying to better understand how to go both directions if needed. Knowledge is power !
 
Thanks to the excellent fella over at small engines suppliers, we have an easy fix with briggs part numbers, at least for most of the newer V-twin Intek/professional/commercial turf lineup.

Choke Control Bracket : PN 691021
Screws (2) : PN 695239
Choke Link : PN 691022

Basically just remove your old linkage, unplug the fuel shutoff solenoid, install the new linkage, install the control bracket right under the intake manifold, and connect with the 2 screws. Connect the new linkage to the back adjustment hole. Now just mount your manual choke cable to the adjustment arm.

I will include screen shots, because this video saved me a world of headache, and it's bound to help someone else!
 

Attachments

  • choke1.jpg
    choke1.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 84
  • choke2.jpg
    choke2.jpg
    86.6 KB · Views: 88
  • choke3.jpg
    choke3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 83
Thanks to the excellent fella over at small engines suppliers, we have an easy fix with briggs part numbers, at least for most of the newer V-twin Intek/professional/commercial turf lineup.

Choke Control Bracket : PN 691021
Screws (2) : PN 695239
Choke Link : PN 691022

Basically just remove your old linkage, unplug the fuel shutoff solenoid, install the new linkage, install the control bracket right under the intake manifold, and connect with the 2 screws. Connect the new linkage to the back adjustment hole. Now just mount your manual choke cable to the adjustment arm.

I will include screen shots, because this video saved me a world of headache, and it's bound to help someone else!

I am dealing with same linkage or lack there of on my craftsman rider I picked up off of curb. Mine had the choke a matic carb set up but it did not have the correct bracket. Mine has the manual choke braket on it. So I looked on the sears parts web page and they don't even show the carb that I have, something totally different. So I went to the Briggs page and found the correct bracket only to discover they no longer sell it. So I am going to by a generic choke cable and make mine a manual choke engine.
 
Back
Top