How to Service Stihl SR 450 - Sprayer/Blower? Special Clamps (Clips)?

sitstihl

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to Service Stihl SR 450 - Sprayer/Blower? Special Clamps (Clips)?
Hello!

I've got an Stihl SR 450 backpack blower/sprayer and need to service the nozzle and valve area.

My biggest problem is getting started: I can't disassemble it. I don't recognize the special clamps/circlips that hold the tubing onto the handle and nozzle. (Photo attached)

Does this take a special tool?

More info: The sprayer is not spraying much liquid anymore. (I can still flip the tank and spray solids like seed and fertilizer, so I think the tank area is still flowing.)

I HOPE I only need to thoroughly clean the clear tube, shut-off valve and the meter knob and nozzle to get it working.

I would prefer to take it to a shop, but the only Stihl service center anywhere near me closed a few years ago. There are no shops near me that service Stihl.

I've asked a small engine repair shop I've gone to before, and he said he won't mess with Stihl products, especially their sprayers. 🤔🙄

I'd love to find a service manual, but my searches have not found anything.

I would appreciate any help you can provide! I have had this sprayer for many years and love it. It's been out of commission and I need to get it working -- the mosquitoes have gone on a rampage since my sprayer has been down! 🤨👎

Attachments

• SR450.jpg
    SR450.jpg
    214.1 KB · Views: 3
  • SR450MP_resize_22.jpg
    SR450MP_resize_22.jpg
    368.7 KB · Views: 1

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
  • / How to Service Stihl SR 450 - Sprayer/Blower? Special Clamps (Clips)?
Hello!

I've got an Stihl SR 450 backpack blower/sprayer and need to service the nozzle and valve area.

My biggest problem is getting started: I can't disassemble it. I don't recognize the special clamps/circlips that hold the tubing onto the handle and nozzle. (Photo attached)

Does this take a special tool?

More info: The sprayer is not spraying much liquid anymore. (I can still flip the tank and spray solids like seed and fertilizer, so I think the tank area is still flowing.)

I HOPE I only need to thoroughly clean the clear tube, shut-off valve and the meter knob and nozzle to get it working.

I would prefer to take it to a shop, but the only Stihl service center anywhere near me closed a few years ago. There are no shops near me that service Stihl.

I've asked a small engine repair shop I've gone to before, and he said he won't mess with Stihl products, especially their sprayers. 🤔🙄

I'd love to find a service manual, but my searches have not found anything.

I would appreciate any help you can provide! I have had this sprayer for many years and love it. It's been out of commission and I need to get it working -- the mosquitoes have gone on a rampage since my sprayer has been down! 🤨👎
I uploaded the manual for you here: