how to get customers

phatreece

Threads
One more thing, should I do it with my other partner. And I'm not professional, I use a riding mower not a zturn. But my other equipment is all commercial.

Jrleddy

Forum Newbie
Threads
I agree door to door and word of mouth has gotten me more customers than any other method I have used. Even if the homeowner is not interested insist on having them take a flyer anyways

phatreece

Threads
I gusse im a little nervous ill go door to door tomarrow and tell you guys my progress.

D

DJlawnboy

I gusse im a little nervous ill go door to door tomarrow and tell you guys my progress.
Yes door to door can be nerve racking. You will bumble and screw up possibly but keep your composer. I felt like a fool the first few days but it became second nature. Next I know I was turning down work because I couldn't keep up. Don't get discouraged and you'll be fine. Yes insisting they take a flyer is good advice.

D

DJlawnboy

One more thing, should I do it with my other partner. And I'm not professional, I use a riding mower not a zturn. But my other equipment is all commercial.
Yes getting your partner involved only means you cover more ground. I had guys that hated door to door enjoying it after a while. Of course I gave incentives based on leads so that probably helped lol.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Dress nice. Look clean and wear a shirt.
Guys all over here trying to get work with no shirt on.

phatreece

Threads
Alright thanks everybody can't thanks you enough! Also what should I where sweatshirt and carhartt pants? Or like a flannel?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Alright thanks everybody can't thanks you enough! Also what should I where sweatshirt and carhartt pants? Or like a flannel?

You should dress like you do for work.
A T shirt. Not a tank top. Pants or shorts. Not baggy or sagging below the waist.

Image goes a long way. Small things like don't put your hands in your pockets. Don't pull up to a yard with music blasting. Don't smoke at a yard. Always wear a shirt. Have a clean truck. Know what you are talking about before you speak.
Never blow clippings into the yard next door. Stop the mower when anyone walks by.

LazerZLandscaping

Threads
Dress professionally, advertise in a newspaper, put flyers in mailboxes, put advertising on your vehicle, craigslist, place ads in public places (with permission).

Hope this helps.