How to cut the last row when it's narrower than normal

Flyin2low

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / How to cut the last row when it's narrower than normal
What is the best technique to cut the last row ( when it is narrower than the normal row) with a right side discharge mower deck.?

(1) favor the left side of the deck
(2) center up on it
(3) favor the right side of the deck

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Switch it around when mowing & cut that section first, let us know how it goes, thanks.

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Cut the first half favoring the left side and at approximately half the distance cross over and favor the right side. At the next mow reverse the procedure but give the center its chance to prove itself beginning 1/3 of the distance. You'll soon learn which you like best.

X-man

Threads
I'm sorry but this confuses me. What does it mean to favor a side of the deck? I don't think I've heard of that before.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm sorry but this confuses me. What does it mean to favor a side of the deck? I don't think I've heard of that before.

The greater portion of the deck is cutting grass favor means greater most

X-man

Threads

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
What is the best technique to cut the last row ( when it is narrower than the normal row) with a right side discharge mower deck.?

(1) favor the left side of the deck
(2) center up on it
(3) favor the right side of the deck

When it comes to mowing a lawn or the most efficiently way to mow the lawn, everybody will say they have the best way of doing so. Personally I'd cut or make a couple of passes around the outside or perimeter first discharging the grass away from any structure or flower beds then use a row or spiral pattern to finish the lawn. The mowing technique you use should be determined by the area you are mowing. The width of the row is irrelevant.