How to clean a B&S fuel tank??

I used a toilet cleaner called "the works"used about a cup and made sure tank was sealed and added some old nuts and bolts in it and strapped it to the jacked up rear wheel of my rider in low gear slow speed for about an hour and the tank is as clean as a new one.:thumbsup:
 
Read that chain can be used in agitation. I can picture the smaller chain with the "tangs" working. You should be able to retrieve chain easily? Never tried.
 
Mineral spirits work great and are cheaper. Together with stones, nuts and bolts, or marbles work great to loosen every thing up.

I use the same technique as Rivets. But I use nuts and tie them on to a length of fishing line (like a fishing trace) and drop them in the tank. Makes it a lot easier getting the nuts out after cleaning if they ties together.
 
Back
Top