How old is it??

Tikal

Threads
I am thinking of just painting the engine and handlebars and giving everything else a really good cleaning:) what do u think? I will send some pics tomorrow

Snapperfreak

Threads
if that's all your painting you'll be fine with a good high-temp spray paint. just get a good can from an auto parts store. i've painted a couple of engines like that no problem. after sanding i used 2 coats primer, 4 coats paint (overkill i know, 2 is fine) and 2 coats clear sealer. i only painted the metal shroud of the engine though, the part that i could un-bolt and remove, not the entire engine. i would simple green that and hose it off to clean up. good for cleaning deck to. a lot less work than painting EVERYTHING and i think the end result will be very nice!:thumbsup:

Tikal

Threads
Okay, today I took the engine off the mower, it was fairly easy:) and I cleaned it, tomorrow I am going to sand and prime it.

image-829630825.jpg

image-3452208477.jpg

There was a TON of grease around the engine, what causes that?? Is it over filling and spilling it or is it just the way they r??

Snapperfreak

Threads
That grease probably isn't from overfilling I would think. It could have had leaky O-ring or maybe even a gasket that was leaking. Good thing is. Now that it's all cleaned up, once u get it painted and back on and operating you'll be able to see where any leaks are if any. If nothing leaks maybe it was just sloppy filling after all....and a lifetime of poor maitenence from previous owner.

Tikal

Threads
Thanks 4 helping:) I am learning more and more about engines because of people like u:p doing it as a hobby after school is soo fun:]

Snapperfreak

Threads
Anything to help. Glad to be on the forum. And I know, my time in the garage messing around with the mowers is very enjoyable. We all got our own things that we enjoy and, like u, that's one of mine.

Tikal

Threads
Here r some pics after I painted the engine, I know, they are not original colors... Sorry about the lighting, it was sooo sunny:)

image-3330164805.jpg

image-3728233050.jpg

image-2754149454.jpg

Snapperfreak

Threads
I think it turned out great! U gonna hang on to it or sell it?

Tikal

Threads
I do not know, I don't think it would bring in much more then $300, what do u think?