I do not clean the under side of the deck in over 40 years I have never had a deck rust out. I do blow the top of the deck off after every yard. If your getting so much grass stuck under the deck that it change how it cuts then just get a mower that is better for your needs
Sent from my iPhone using LMF
I generally clean my decks weekly, just use the mojack, lift and use a plastic scraper then the air hose.
didicetn,
Some mowers do have what you call a "teflon coating"...kinda. My Honda HRX's deck is made out of something called NeXite, which is what some car bumpers are made out of. It is very durable and the grass does not stick to it. I can't get myself to go back to the aluminum deck of my other mower!
LMF,
Well you learn something new every day(and when it comes to lawn equipment, I've still got a LOT to learn). Leave it to Honda to pioneer that type of innovation!! I even considered removing the lawn tractor's deck, removing the blades & spindles and spray painting the underside of the deck with either marine or emron(airplane) paint which are supposed to be the heaviest duty(and "slickest") paints available. Then I found out you had to have special paint equipment and apply for a license/permit from the EPA to use emron(very toxic paint spray) and decided to just use the garden hose after mowing:0)
Wash under my mower (Scag Tiger Cub w/48" advantage deck) deck after every cutting. Just run after for about 5 minutes with blades on to dry.