How much do you mow

Will_C

Forum Newbie
Threads
I mow 2.5 acres at my house. My mother has two acres, and I mow that. I bought 9.6 acres last year, where I plan to build a house. I mow 5 acres of that with a finish mower, weekly in the sping and fall, bi-weekly in the summer. I bush hog the other 4 acres 3-4 times yearly.

Will

GreenWannabe

Forum Newbie
Threads
1/2 acre, 1994 JD LX176 hydro, 14 hp, 38" deck. Love my John Deere!

BlueGrass

Threads
I don't have a big yard to do but I mow about twice a week. My yard is 100 wide x 130 deep and it's not very level. It takes me about an hour to do the whole yard because of all the trees and our swimming pool in the way. After I mow then I have to weed whip and edge my lawn so it looks nice.

JimmyWeb

Threads
I don't have anything to mow right now.:frown: Soon I will have around 2 acres. I'm excited, I am getting my first house and my first piece of land, I finally will have a yard!:smile:

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
I mow about 2.5 acres of our 5 acre property with a JD STX46. The rest of my property plus 15 -20 acres of pasture land for my Mother-in-law I mow with my Kubota L2900. I also mow the ATV trails on the farm.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I mow about 2.5 acres of our 5 acre property with a JD STX46. The rest of my property plus 15 -20 acres of pasture land for my Mother-in-law I mow with my Kubota L2900. I also mow the ATV trails on the farm.

We have 11 acres, the actual yard area to mow with the 450 feet of roadfront is about 5 of the 11. Also spend an hour every 2 weeks cutting the ATV trails in the back 6 acres. Every year when there is a wet spring I start bitching about how much I have to mow, then later in the year I cut down more of the field to make the actual lawn bigger.

Not too smart, am I?

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have 11 acres, the actual yard area to mow with the 450 feet of roadfront is about 5 of the 11. Also spend an hour every 2 weeks cutting the ATV trails in the back 6 acres. Every year when there is a wet spring I start bitching about how much I have to mow, then later in the year I cut down more of the field to make the actual lawn bigger.

Not too smart, am I?

Just an excuse to get a bigger better mower and more toys ! :laughing::biggrin::thumbsup:

BlueGrass

Threads
I'm starting to think my yard is puny! I'm glad I don't have as much lawn as you all have but I do wish that one day I'll be able to move to the country.

Stevie-Ray

Threads
Right now, I mow probably less than 2000 square feet. When I move to my northern retreat, I'll have to deal with 1.28 acres. Not much, and most of that won't be mowed. Still, a rider is in order.