How much do you mark-up fertilizer?

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have always told the home owner it's part of the lawn care.
I don't count it as a loss

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

Well i have customers who forget to water. So I started with them a while back saying i would trade Fert for water and now All my customers are on top of there watering and I dont have to skip lawns. Also I do not contract because my reputation and work guarentee that they will come back. When i get commercial accounts I might have to contract those and will not give free fert. I have one customer on a 1.5 acre lot I charge him the bag of fert plus 10 and hes aware of it :)

jenkinsph

Threads
I don't mark up materials of any kind, instead I charge a fee for my time and equipment that I and the customers are satisfied with. One thing about landscape work the results are easy to see good or bad. Most customers will use their eyes as a yardstick to measure your accomplishments.

ringahding

Threads
Hey new here, but not to the industry....If you know your prices ahead of time, there will never be a Mark Up. You should have hourly, square footage or hauling already figured into your business plan. The only real thing I could ever imagine "Marking Up" is fuel & we call it a "Fuel Surcharge"