how many run WOT

Well I cut the grass......but I`m still a little shy to open er all the way....I was maybe 1 notch under WO ..more than usual but still not WO..I`ll need to do the field soon..maybe then...it`s wide open...fewer distractions
 
There's no quicker way to negate your warranty than to show up with a problem and admit you haven't been running your mower with the engine speed control lever full up.

As has been said, this lever does not control your throttle directly, it controls your governed engine speed and the throttle opens and closes automatically to meet the demand. Your mower is designed to run with this lever fully engaged in order to obtain design RPM for engine cooling, hydro cooling, and blade/deck performance. To run with the speed control lever part of the way up tortures your machine. That's why every mower manual tells you to push it to the stop.

If you're OK with the engine and blade noise from your machine without hearing protection, you're not doing it right.
 
It`s....it`s...just hard for me to imagine I`ve been doing it wrong all those years...and only luck has prevented me from having troubles...it`s gonna be WO from here on end..and yes the ear protection is coming out...a big :thumbsup: for everyone showing me the way...sure glad I popped into this thread and to the thread starter for posting the Q
 
Run that thing wide open. When I was a service tech many moons ago, our Briggs trainer as well as the reps from Lawnboy, Generac and MTD all told us to make sure we advised our clients to run their units WOT.
 
Back
Top