how many run WOT

gtbobcat

Threads
I ran it WO....wasnt much of a change from when I didn`t.. noise or engine speed.......but the ear doent pick up a minor increase in rpm`s now does it...I must of been close to WO all those years

oldyellr

Threads
Your RPM would not be any different under lighter load conditions. However, if the control was not set to maximum, it would have bogged down sooner if the load increased because the carb could not go WOT.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I run "WOT", but not out of choice.

Bloody modern technology! Give me a throttle any day :(

oldyellr

Threads
Your RPM would not be any different under lighter load conditions. However, if the control was not set to maximum, it would have bogged down sooner if the load increased because the carb could not go WOT.
I see where you may have a point with a self-propelled push mower, but the blade still needs to run at its optimum RPM to cut properly, so the governor does that and applies throttle up to WOT to maintain the speed depending on load. You achieve nothing except mangled grass by running the blade slower. However, you probably would prefer to control your forward motion speed, is maybe what you're getting at. I guess your mower doesn't have that capability, but the more expensive Honda models have variable speed drive.

gtbobcat

Threads

Thats where I found the difference !! I only slowed to make tight turns...not b/c the grass was too thick in places.