how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$

twinfords

Threads
crazy day today, sold the Green Statesman and have someone coming to get the white/blue Statesman tomorrow along with Stihl FS80 trimmer, also got 4 new mowers in Toro's and older hechingers. I now have a new engine for the 18" Toro as welltoros 001.jpgtoros 005.jpg

twinfords

Threads
Hello all, sale for the Statesman 16.5 fell through, guy did not even buy the Stihl FS80r. I got a Weed Eater mower ready for sale. I counted my mowers today and have 22 mowers inside ready for sale or in my collection. i have 11 more outside under a tarp (some Hondas and Toro Personal pace) the season is coming to a end!! I quess i will be ready fo the Spring :smile:weedeater 001.jpg

twinfords

Threads
Hello all, sold the Statesman yesterday, good deal, that makes all 6 of the riders i had sold. I siold a Toro 20016 today and customer dropped off a Troy-bilt snow blower. Trans clutch plate was locked up and drive wheel rubber donut was off. i was able to unfreeze everything and adjust belt. i cleaned the carburetor as well. good weekend for me.

twinfords

Threads
it is funny how waves of the same mower come in for service or i acquire, i have not seen a Toro Perssonal Pace for weeks and now i have serviced 2 and have 4 myself for sale as well as 4 other Toros. I sold one 20016 Sunday.toros 001.jpg

twinfords

Threads
hello all, sold one of the Craftsman self propels, 7.0 Briggs, a customer dropped off two more Toros, 20018 and 20331. i need to overhaul both of them. i fixed the Snow king snow blower and it is ready for pick up, i also bought another chainsaw.poulanelectric.jpg

twinfords

Threads
hello all, i fixed, Ryobi push mower, rebuilt carb and cleaned gas tank and new fuel lines, fixed 3 Craftsman rear drive mowers, head work, re installed valve guide that fell out and lapped back in, cleaned carbon build up on valves and pisten etc and got 2 of them running, the other needed a shear pin, new blade, oil change for all of them, cleaned carb, tank etc. they all run good, replaced a front drive wheel assembley on a Craftsman self propel also fixed 2 Toro's that needed various springs, flywheel keys and filters oil changes etc. i also sold weed eater mower and worked on a Husqvarna saw (240?) small 16" bar, fixed recoil spring, cleaned air filter, fuel filter and line. fixed sticking blade brake as well. i also fixed a Little Wonder walk behind leaf blower. i picked up 33 trimmers as well.wackers.jpgmowers11 001.jpgmowers11 005.jpgmowers11 009.jpgtoro 005.jpg

twinfords

Threads
  • / how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$
it has been fairly slow the last few days, lots of rain, sold two Weed Eater green push mowers with bags, nothing else. i did un load the 33 trimmers and 5 blowers finally, had to change gas tank and carb on the weed Eater mowers due to ethonal left in them. this gas really does suck.

twinfords

Threads
fixed two of the trimmers today, sold the new Toro Personal Pace and picked up a customers Bob Vila Special Craftsman rider to service. cut my own grass as well with my 48" craftsman.wackers.jpgmowers11 006.jpg

91c1500

Forum Newbie
Threads
How do y'all get into this as a hobby? I've looked on craigslist with no luck. I work as a mechanic in a shop but i'm wanting to do this out of my house too. Not necessarily buying, fixing, and selling but more like a shop. I'm not totally against buying and selling though. As you can see, i have a slight addiction to fixing small engines.

Sorry for slight derail, i just figured that this thread was relavant and didn't want to create a useless thread that'd get a few posts.