how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$

S.E.M.

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / how many of you repair small engines as a hobby? $$
i got my murray push mower fixed i picked up. Sure enough carb clean and a diaphram, learned from this forum that the front idle lever may be bent as well. And it was, so i fixed that too.:thumbsup:

hanyoukimura

Threads
Busy busy. I have a HRM215 I'm waiting on an air filter so it can be finished, Someone brought two mowers (Craftsman and a Troy-Bilt) and a chainsaw to be worked on, and a coworker brought over a Toro Recycyler to be fixed and tuned up.

Fun times.

twinfords

Threads
Hello all, power was out for 6 days due to severe storm on East Coast. finally came back on Thursday night @ 7:30. Thanks to Conneticut Power & Light for coming to the rescue of BGE in MD. i sold Husqvarna chainsaw, Craftsman self pro mower, Craftsman Electric trimmer, Bolen push mower, seed spreader a gas can, a Poulan leaf blower and stripped a old porch Gildder and ready for paint. picked up a Troy-Bilt, Toro and fixed a Murray push mower and worked on several power washers with blown pumps.sawsale 016.jpgwackers 011.jpgmowers4sale 022.jpgmowers4sale 019.jpgmowers4sale 009.jpgmowers4sale 014.jpg

twinfords

Threads
crazy busy week, i honestly do not know where to begin, i picked up a few mowers, Troy-bilts, Toro's, Scott's, Craftsman etc. , a Ryobi Blower and a spreader. Sold Toro and Murray as well as a Homelite trimmer with tri blade on it. mowersale 004.jpgmowersale 005.jpgmowersale 009.jpgmowersale 013.jpgmowersale 017.jpg

S.E.M.

Forum Newbie
Threads
just sold the murray push, got $40 for it. they said there son has went through 3 mowers this year. and at that price they will keep my number for when they have to buy more.:eek:

twinfords

Threads
i had an ok weekend, sold a weed wacker and fixed a propane Craftsman weed wacker. i picked up two hedgers, an Auger, a Echo trimmer, a Poulan Super 25DA, a 6hp straight shaft briggs (1969) two Honda engine mowers, 4 craftsman mowers, and my favorite a Snapper commercial with a Wisconsin Robin engine, this thing is cool and runs like a top. also sold a push mower today,

snapper 003.jpgsnapper 002.jpgsnapper 001.jpg

twinfords

Threads
hello folks, fixed customer mower, sold Craftsman self propel, sold Scotts self propel, sold Ryobi trimmer, fixed a Poulan wild thing, picked up two Poulan xxv and a Craftsman mower and a weed Eater mower, mower11 005.jpg

twinfords

Threads
Been busy with redoing my Kitchen, ripped up the old ceramic tile and installed new 18 x 18 tile, took me 4 days to do it all. actually sold a few mowers as well and fixed several. i finally got the new dexk for the Husqvarna tractor on. also got the weed eater ready and the Craftsman ready, fixed several trimmers I need clean decks for all of the engines i have.ATT78321.jpgmowers11 001.jpgmowers11 005.jpg

bigheaded5

Threads
Hobby/side $$ for me...doing it for a few years. Buy them cheep or free when they LOOK like they are ready to junk. Do a complete once over mechanically, replace any worn parts and then a detailing top to bottom....

Grassbandit

Threads
Today did a string trimmer rental and a tune up on a briggs 3.5 hp push mower. The owner overfilled the oil and to make matters worse he was using the wrong oil. Using 2cyl oil just cause he saw a pic of a lawnmower and an outboard engine on it.
Yikes!
Forgot to say, Finished the paint job on the Simplicity as well, pics coming soon.

Last edited: