How Far Is Too Far?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Again we do not provide the same service.

There should never be weeds in any beds bushes should never need trimming.
Every thing should be kept looking perfect.
If you let your shrubs get to where you need to use hedge trimmers then your not maintaining them.
None of my customers would tell me there are weeds in the beds or the bushes need trimming they would just fire me and get some one else to do the job right.

All my yards are in a country club.
If the grass looks like it needs to be cut or bushes don't look perfect then the homeowner gets a fine.
I have to pay a fee to the hao every year just to get past the gate so I can work.
They charge this fee so they can keep out all rif raf

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

When Taking on new clients I tell them what the service consist of and if they want extras what the charges are. So if they want the hedges trimmed and flower beds weeded it's up to them to let me know then or in the future if and when they want those done. Many of the clients prefer to have some things to do and maintain themselves. Unlike you I work for everyone, not just the top 2%. I work for the trailer owner to the large homeowner It doesn't matter to me. I treat everyone as an equals, not Rif Raf as apparently you do.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
When Taking on new clients I tell them what the service consist of and if they want extras what the charges are. So if they want the hedges trimmed and flower beds weeded it's up to them to let me know then or in the future if and when they want those done. Many of the clients prefer to have some things to do and maintain themselves. Unlike you I work for everyone, from the trailer owner to the large homeowner. I treat everyone as an equals, not Rif Raf as apparently you do.

Like I said we don't provide the same service.
Your happy with how you do things and enjoy what your doing.
You give your customers what they want in a lawn service and I give mine what they want.

Don't criticize what you do not understand

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Like I said we don't provide the same service.
Your happy with how you do things and enjoy what your doing.
You give your customers what they want in a lawn service and I give mine what they want.

Don't criticize what you do not understand

Don't kid yourself, I understand what you are just perfectly.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Don't kid yourself, I understand what you are just perfectly.

I will ask my church to pray for you.
You are a very unhappy person that is why you feel you need to criticize and put down others.

We do not do things or think the same but that does not make either one of us wrong or a bad person.
I understand that your set in your ways as am I but I am open to how others do things my way or your way is not the only way.

A

AmericanTurf

Around here if you have to get through a gate to enter a hood, they are a part of a home owner association. Meaning you would mow every house in said association, not just one lawn. I mow a few of these accounts. To be able to bid on these accounts I have to have a million dollar Insuarance policy. I know that a guy with 1 or 2 PUSH MOWERS cannot walk into my Insuarance reps office and say " I own two push mowers so I need a million dollar Insuarance policy". Haha!!!!!!! Also don't kid yourself, there's no way that this guy with a $400 push mower can make more money than my $17000.00 grasshopper! Haha!!!!!!

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Around here if you have to get through a gate to enter a hood, they are a part of a home owner association. Meaning you would mow every house in said association, not just one lawn. I mow a few of these accounts. To be able to bid on these accounts I have to have a million dollar Insuarance policy. I know that a guy with 1 or 2 PUSH MOWERS cannot walk into my Insuarance reps office and say " I own two push mowers so I need a million dollar Insuarance policy". Haha!!!!!!! Also don't kid yourself, there's no way that this guy with a $400 push mower can make more money than my $17000.00 grasshopper! Haha!!!!!!

Just about every subdivision around here has a HOA and the only ones that you would have to bid the whole thing would be town homes.

I guess I have been doing this wrong for over 30 years.
I am lucky you and Ric have came here to show me the only way it should be done.
I can't believe I wasted 30 plus years taking pride in my work and doing a good job

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will ask my church to pray for you.
You are a very unhappy person that is why you feel you need to criticize and put down others.

We do not do things or think the same but that does not make either one of us wrong or a bad person.
I understand that your set in your ways as am I but I am open to how others do things my way or your way is not the only way.

You remind me of a Republican Strategist always putting the blame on the other party :smile: Doing exactly what you say there doing.

Just about every subdivision around here has a HOA and the only ones that you would have to bid the whole thing would be town homes.

I guess I have been doing this wrong for over 30 years.
I am lucky you and Ric have came here to show me the only way it should be done.
I can't believe I wasted 30 plus years taking pride in my work and doing a good job

You keep bragging on these sub-divisons you work in, that a lawn care company or business like mine couldn't get a job cutting grass in, :frown: with the HOA's. Well for your information I live in and do my business in one of those Sub-Divisions.
I pay HOA fees and CDD fees and all that crap. I can throw a golf ball from my back door onto the 14th hole putting green of there 18 hole Country Club golf course and if I just want to putt around I can do that on my own 4 hole putting green on my screen room porch. So I guess I can kinda brag a we little bit to and for gosh sakes don't think you're the only one here that takes pride in there work.

jekjr

Lawn Addict
Threads
When Taking on new clients I tell them what the service consist of and if they want extras what the charges are. So if they want the hedges trimmed and flower beds weeded it's up to them to let me know then or in the future if and when they want those done. Many of the clients prefer to have some things to do and maintain themselves. Unlike you I work for everyone, not just the top 2%. I work for the trailer owner to the large homeowner It doesn't matter to me. I treat everyone as an equals, not Rif Raf as apparently you do.

I do too I would qualify as "Riff Raff". When I take a job I charge by what the customer wants done. If that customer wants just grass cut I charge for just cutting grass. If that customer wants grass cut and trimmed, then I bid to cut and trim. If the customer wants shrubs rimmed, then I bid trimming shrubs..... If the customer wants pine straw put down then I charge for putting down pine straw. As far as I am concerned how far is how far you bid the job. Just always have a clear understanding of what is expected and deliver on that.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I do too I would qualify as "Riff ". RaffWhen I take a job I charge by what the customer wants done. If that customer wants just grass cut I charge for just cutting grass. If that customer wants grass cut and trimmed, then I bid to cut and trim. If the customer wants shrubs rimmed, then I bid trimming shrubs..... If the customer wants pine straw put down then I charge for putting down pine straw. As far as I am concerned how far is how far you bid the job. Just always have a clear understanding of what is expected and deliver on that.

YA know it's funny that some think they are better than others. I don't care who you are or what you are considered because in the end whether your working for the common folk or the top 2% ( the rich,) Guess what your still the Yard Guy or the Lawn Boy and most people could care less who you are as long as the job they want is being done.

CZLawnCare

Threads
YA know it's funny that some think they are better than others. I don't care who you are or what you are considered because in the end whether your working for the common folk or the top 2% ( the rich,) Guess what your still the Yard Guy or the Lawn Boy and most people could care less who you are as long as the job they want is being done.[/QUOTE]

Couldnt have said it better myself