How do you remove the valves on a small B&S?

So when I search for the valve seal part number (590534), I'm finding both seals types, the one that fits my machine, and the one that doesnt. Do they have two different parts with the same part number? How do you differentiate?

Example: 590534
But then: 590534
 
The more people I contact, the more contradicting info I find. I emailed B&S through their parts website and I got a reply that said 'uh oh i think our stock is wrong, we'll get back to you' . It is very annoying.
 
I have to wonder how many of these old-style valve seals they have sold in recent years. It is apparent to me that someone got lazy, a few years ago, and combined the SKU numbers without actually verifying valve seal design differences. I've seen this "mix up" happen once before with this same part number.
 
You know what would SIGNIFICANTLY help prevent this? If stores actually posted pictures of the parts, instead of using a generic B&S logo as the image for this thing. MOST websites including ebay selling these seals use the logo instead of a real photo. No wonder there is confusion.
 
You know what would SIGNIFICANTLY help prevent this? If stores actually posted pictures of the parts, instead of using a generic B&S logo as the image for this thing. MOST websites including ebay selling these seals use the logo instead of a real photo. No wonder there is confusion.
Definitely would get them more sells from me as I prefer to verify that I am ordering the correct parts. Just too many that are too lazy to do this simple step. Now I admit I use the images to research a part alternates at times. The more info I have on a part the better I serve my customers.

I had one that actually unbox items for imaging purposes and so note on package that been open for this purpose. I had no problem with them doing this as it help everyone later.

But when someone at the vendor has a bright idea of combining part numbers without knowledge of what they are doing, it causes a lot problems. They should do their homework if any doubt.
 
You supercede a part number enough time you hit a point were the part you started with is no longer the part that you want.
 
Back
Top