how do you remove flywheel on Honda H2113HDA rider mower

Ron, look at the thread in this forum for diy tool simple , I made it to remove my Intek fly nut of "1-1/4" ,(tightening @ 125 ft lbs). I know you know breaking torque is a lot more.

The tool you make should have a handle as long as your breaker handle . I have found that rather than arm and shoulder input two hand squeeze at end of the long lever arms works best to break loose. Don't get frustrated. We're all pulling with you. (Rigid Rigid, NO flex, No flex) :drink:
 
I never heard of the rope trick, but I like it. I will have to get me some rope tomorrow and give that one a go. On the phillip screws, I see the magnet on the one screw, but there are four other ones spaced 90 degrees from each other on the same surface as the magnet. I can see what they are once I get the flywheel off -I was just wondering out of curiosity what they were. This is a great site, I appreciate all the support everyone is giving me.

I work at a manufacturing facility building class 7+8 trucks (semi and large straight trucks). We have all type of tricks to assemble them, and unless you have five foot long arms, some of the stuff would be almost impossible to work on out in the field. EPA laws have really made diesel engines more difficult-it can take up to two hours to change a fan belt. Anyway, I have not tried it yet, but I really like the rope trip.
 
How do I get to the DIY tool forum portion? I did a search on flywheel tool, but did not come up with anything. I am new on this site, so don't know my way around it yet. Thank you.
 
How do I get to the DIY tool forum portion? I did a search on flywheel tool, but did not come up with anything. I am new on this site, so don't know my way around it yet. Thank you.

Motoman will have to confirm this, but I think this is the thread you are looking for: http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/small-engine-mower-repair/10143-two-way-tractor-tool-simple-diy.html.
The key to doing a search on here is changing the settings down at the bottom so it searches by relevance, not one of the other options. See picture:
arrow.gif searching.jpg

Tell me if you think that is the thread you were looking for! :smile:
 
Thanks-another good idea-I can get my 4" grinder out, put a cutting wheel in it, and hack something out like that. I would have not figured out the "relevance" search thing, so appreciate that too. It seems to me if I was doing a search, that would be relevant enough, but I am too old to think like a computer.
 
lawn mower fanatic , thanks,I was about to upload the pics for ron

Re rope trick... I have used it on my chainsaw and trimmer ,but the torques were low. I hope compression of the rope stops enough for you to direct all the breaking torque into the Honda.
 
Thanks-another good idea-I can get my 4" grinder out, put a cutting wheel in it, and hack something out like that. I would have not figured out the "relevance" search thing, so appreciate that too. It seems to me if I was doing a search, that would be relevant enough, but I am too old to think like a computer.

don't feel bad . the only way I can review my old threads is to go to tools, my subscribed threads:confused2:
 
Those other screws might be to magnets on the inside of the flywheel that work the charging and lighting coils.
 
magnets make sense. I started to back out one of the phillip screws, but it was backing out hard like there was a spring or something giving tension to it so I stopped and retightened. I wondered about the torque and rope thing, but it is worth a try-definitely sounds good for smaller engines.
 
Back
Top