How do I lift mower?

I have a chain fall lift atatched to a large beam supported by the roof trusses.

I have several different lengths of chain that i will hook up to the tractor then hook to the lift hook.
the load only moves if the chain is pulled one way or the other.
It has helped out a lot and saved lots of time for me:smile:
 
I use car ramps too. It is just about high enough to get to everything underneath. I love the Mojack though. It is really stable and lifts it up to 24 inches. You can see everything underneath and work on it more or less in comfort.
 
Princess Auto in Canada has these motorcycle lifts rated at 1000 pounds. They raise to 29.5" from a low of 7" and have an 86.5" by 26.75" platform. If they made the platform a full 48" wide, they would be perfect for a lawn tractor! I'm surprised they don't make them wider, then anybody with an ATV or lawn/garden tractor would be a potential customer. I'm thinking of getting one, then adding a couple of cheap ramps on each side to make it possible to use as a lawn tractor lift.

8133860.jpg




These are the ramps I would use. 1,000 lb. capacity per pair, 72"L x 9"W x 2"D


8176919.jpg
 
Okay. I went to the Mojack website: $427.00 for the Pro version at Home Depot.
This thing has my interest but I'm a little concerned about safety. It just doesn't look all that stable. My main concern is the relatively small footprint of the base. It appears it could sway from side to side under a load. The testimonials on the website are all "wonderful" , "I love it", etc.
Does anyone on the forum own one? I'd sure like to hear more.
Rich
 
If we're just going to sharpen the blades on our Cub Cadet 54" rider, we raise the front with a cable hoist and take the blades off. A touch up with a grinder, blade balancing, and reinstall takes less than an hour. If we have to take the deck off we disconnect everything (blade drive belt, linkages, etc.) with the deck sitting on a caster-mounted sled then lift the front as above and roll the deck out from under. We've had to replace several spindles and idler pulleys over the years we've owned this mower so we've got the dismount/remount procedure down pat.

One further note: We typically wear the blades out completely with our sandy conditions (trailing edges paper thin) so rarely sharpen more than once before junking the blade set.:frown:

LaurenD
 
Back
Top