How big is too big?

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
... enjoy what you have (and the time it takes to maintain.)

That is the BEST way to look at life...
Focus on the things that you enjoy. The things you don't enjoy are there to allow you the opportunity to notice the difference.... Enjoy doing. :smile:KennyV

minkyung

Threads
I have not thought about this. Good question :thumbsup: To me four hours a week is too much. Two hours a week, that is good for me. But I did not think before that we use this to decide how big our home should be. Very good insight. Thank you.

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
JDGreen has the ideal lifestyle I think. The most important thing is to be realistic and to enjoy what you have (and the time it takes to maintain.) If I ever get to the point where I can't enjoy the time it needs then that's when I will be hiring help.

Thanks..my dad first purchased the place back in 1974, I was a city boy back then and could never understand why he wanted to live out in the remote countryside surrounded by overgrown pasture. When I asked why he moved, he told me quote: "Well, I want to be able to go out in my back yard and take a leak if I feel like it"...:laughing:

I used to be able to do that myself, but a few years back a policeman moved on the empty lot next door and started a family, as good as our relationship is as neighbors I think he would take a dim view of my using my back yard as a bathroom...especially if his 3 year old son saw me and started following my example...:laughing:

AndyMan

Threads
I agree with what's been stated here. For me, my 56 acres is too small because I can still see my neighbors. :wink:

I prefer to spend my time outside, and my land gives me lots of opportunity for things to do: mowing, trimming, gardening, planting, chainsawing, splitting wood, making trails, riding my ATV, shooting rockets, flying kites & model airplanes, building things - anything to be outside.

CurbAppeal

Forum Newbie
Threads
Well I am retired so my yard is my passion. I have 4.5 acres, most of which is manicured. It takes me about 30 hours a week but that's what keeps me going. I've got the best yard in the town.