How are rpm's measured on a 2 cycle Lawn Boy?

No. You will need a different style of tach. Their are either digital or mechanical tachs available but they can get $$$$$.
 
If you are going to get a tach, I would recommend the digital which you hold next to the spark plug wire. It is easy to use and should be able to find at a good small engine shop. I use a tach call the VibraTach, which is sold through B&S. It is a mechanical tach and is a little hard to use by a beginner, but I don't have to worry about batteries, sun light (hard to read) and I can also measure HERTZ with it, when working on generators.
 
.................... I use a tach call the VibraTach, which is sold through B&S. It is a mechanical tach and is a little hard to use by a beginner, but I don't have to worry about batteries, sun light (hard to read) and I can also measure HERTZ with it, when working on generators.

Those are still available; called a "Treysit Sirometer" I just bought one on eBay, NOS, for $22

There were 2 others listed, but were about $36
 
My my how prices have changed I also have a "Treysit Sirometer"
which I bout about 25 years ago for about $10

NormF
 
Back
Top