Hours

mgroh

Forum Newbie
Threads
How many hours on average do 18-25hp motors on a zt mower run?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
This depends on so many thing it is very hard to determine. Type of engine. Type of machine. Is the engine matched to the machine. Type of cutting, flat or hilly, amount of turning, type of operator, etc. If someone gives you a number, they are only guessing.

jimrs

Threads
Unless they have a hour meter installed. They are pretty accurate. So it will depend on how much you use it.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
How many hours on average do 18-25hp motors on a zt mower run?

That's a loaded question that nobody can actually answer, because there is no answer. Hours on a mower with any engine is something that is solely up to the operator and how well he maintains engine and the mower. I've seen engines with two and three thousand hours that were well maintained, clean and that run excellent, that being said I've seen others with less than a couple of hundred hours that looked like crap and ran the same.

mgroh

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks to all. I know it is difficult to estimate engin life so let me ask this. If an engin is well maintained would you expect the engins on the homeowner models to run as long as a mid grade or commercial mower or is there a big difference? I mow about 2 acers 1 flat and one hilly. I don't have tons of money to spare but want to get one that will last. I have had nothing but trouble with my Gravley 1844. Any suggestions?

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks to all. I know it is difficult to estimate engine life so let me ask this. If an engine is well maintained would you expect the engine on the homeowner models to run as long as a mid grade or commercial mower or is there a big difference? I mow about 2 acres 1 flat and one hilly. I don't have tons of money to spare but want to get one that will last. I have had nothing but trouble with my Gravely 1844. Any suggestions?

If your engine is well maintained I would actually expect it would last longer used as a homeowner would use a mower. The homeowner is not going to be mowing or using his mower six days a week like the commercial operator.
What Gravely do you have and what engine does it have and what problems are you having.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Most of the time the engines are the same on both units. The commercial units will have a tougher chassis and good ones are built with heavier gage metal.