Hooray for me, darn it....

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
You guys are gonna (bleep) your pants at the deals I found at the local Goodwill store today. First off, an '84 vintage Olympis 35 mm film camera, complete with OEM case and manual, in VG condition, for $3.99. Needed only batteries, listed it on Ebay for $70 and sold it in two hours. Also found a new in box, 517 part Erector set with case, for $9.99. Did a Google search while at the store, the item lists for over $100 IF you can find one...gonna give this one to my wife's 7 year old nephew....:thumbsup::biggrin:

Attachments

• 021.jpg
    021.jpg
    111.1 KB · Views: 9
  • 023.jpg
    023.jpg
    151.1 KB · Views: 8

RobertBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Great job JD!
You bought well and realized the profits.
Although you nephew probably thinks he would rather have an xbox, perhaps this gift will spur his imagination and creative ability.
Gonna wait till Christmas or give it to him now?

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Wow, what a bargain! I love bargains! :thumbsup:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, what a bargain! I love bargains! :thumbsup:

Thanks guys, I very rarely get two good buys at one time. The camera was considered a marvel in it's day and has a strong loyalty factor which is why they sell for so much today. About a month ago the same Goodwill store had a beat up XA 2 camera (body only) in the display case for $25, no flash,case, or manual. Why they priced the one I found for $4 is a mystery. Not griping however.

About the Erector set, today's sets are more futuristic than the older ones were, how I wish I had taken better care of my toys when I was a kid, I had a LOT of metal toy trucks and things like the REAL erector sets. Was skipping over the Ebay listings this morning, one seller is asking something like $229 and $20 shipping for the same item I got yesterday for $10....:laughing: :thumbsup:

I will get the set to the nephew ASAP, darn it, had I got it a day earlier my wife could have taken it with her when she left yesterday to go visit her family in Tennessee. It will probably cost me more to ship the set to the nephew than I paid for it....that's how it goes. :laughing:

Black Bart

Threads
You guys are gonna (bleep) your pants at the deals I found at the local Goodwill store today. First off, an '84 vintage Olympis 35 mm film camera, complete with OEM case and manual, in VG condition, for $3.99. Needed only batteries, listed it on Ebay for $70 and sold it in two hours. Also found a new in box, 517 part Erector set with case, for $9.99. Did a Google search while at the store, the item lists for over $100 IF you can find one...gonna give this one to my wife's 7 year old nephew....:thumbsup::biggrin:

I have 8 old 35mm SLR film cameras 2 of them are Olympus OM-1 and I see one is for sale on e bay now for $699.95

I guess I need to sell mine I never use them, I switched to all digital.
You won't be able to buy film in the future everything will be digital.

Those cheap little point and shoot cameras are real popular NO skill required to take a snapshot with them.
I use high end Canon stuff now but Photography is my hobby, I took about 400 photos this week.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I have 8 old 35mm SLR film cameras 2 of them are Olympus OM-1 and I see one is for sale on e bay now for $699.95

I guess I need to sell mine I never use them, I switched to all digital.
You won't be able to buy film in the future everything will be digital.

Those cheap little point and shoot cameras are real popular NO skill required to take a snapshot with them.
I use high end Canon stuff now but Photography is my hobby, I took about 400 photos this week.
Wow, when you do sell yours, fancy giving me half the profits ? :laughing:

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
I just got home from Goodwill, guess what I found? A nearly new Kodak ESP 3200 printer/scanner/copier, complete with software and manuals. I just printed off a copy of the manual cover, which is shown atop the machine, cost for the printer was $9.99 and 60 cents tax. Will give it to my in laws they really need a copy machine. :laughing: :laughing: I just checked the ink levels the machine says both cartridges are almost full...:thumbsup:

Attachments

• 030.jpg
    030.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 7

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
I just got home from Goodwill, guess what I found? A nearly new Kodak ESP 3200 printer/scanner/copier, complete with software and manuals. I just printed off a copy of the manual cover....it was $9.99 and 60 cents tax. Will give it to my in laws they really need a copy machine. :laughing: :laughing: I just checked the ink levels the machine says both cartridges are almost full...:thumbsup:
Wow... That Goodwill place really undercharges items!

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow... That Goodwill place really undercharges items!

Yes they do that a LOT...and of course I complain about it.....:laughing: The copier sells locally at Wally World for $79.99 and tax. One of the best things about having a smartphone is that it enables you to research the net no matter where you are. That store gets a lot of printers and they price most of them the same, however most customers do not know which ones are newer or what they sell for new.

jmurray01

, , 1,000 Post Club
Threads
Yes they do that a LOT...and of course I complain about it.....:laughing: The copier sells locally at Wally World for $79.99 and tax. One of the best things about having a smartphone is that it enables you to research the net no matter where you are. That store gets a lot of printers and they price most of them the same, however most customers do not know which ones are newer or what they sell for new.
Yes, I would too :laughing:

We have a place that sounds like your Goodwill store. It is called "The Green Home" and it is a recycling store.

It sells everything from paintings to vacuum cleaners, at low prices!

But even it isn't as cheap as Goodwill...