Hood

noma

Threads
Hi I,m in need for a hood for my Noma performance mower that i hooked on a guide line wire from a tree the other day. And i have to work on figuring out how to put a picture of it on here.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
MTD made your Noma performance mower under a lot of different names... You should be able to come up with a replacement hood easily... It may not be the same color but everything else will be the same...
That all wheel steer is rather neat... KennyV

Hand2ThePlow

Threads
Hi I,m in need for a hood for my Noma performance mower that i hooked on a guide line wire from a tree the other day. And i have to work on figuring out how to put a picture of it on here.

I hope you have better luck finding a hood for your mower than I've had finding one for my JD STX46. JD wants $200 for a new one (plus $50 for the decal set) and every one I've seen at auction or for sale seems to be in the same condition as mine, broken.

Everything on my mower has held up well for the past 16 years except the cheap plastic hood. Even though I've stored it inside the UV while mowing has made it brittle and there comes a point where duct tape just won't help anymore.

Any way, good luck finding a hood.

Attachments

• my baby 011.jpg
    my baby 011.jpg
    141.5 KB · Views: 7
  • my baby 012.jpg
    my baby 012.jpg
    144.4 KB · Views: 4
  • my baby 016.jpg
    my baby 016.jpg
    127.4 KB · Views: 4
  • my baby 022.JPG
    my baby 022.JPG
    344.5 KB · Views: 5
  • my baby 009.PNG
    my baby 009.PNG
    1.1 MB · Views: 5
  • my baby 023.jpg
    my baby 023.jpg
    115.9 KB · Views: 5

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I hope you have better luck finding a hood for your mower than I've had finding one for my JD STX46.

One good thing about MTD may be the fact that there is apt to be 1000 to 1, more hoods available for the various MTD models that use the same hood... as opposed to the few JD models that use the same hood you have...
Keep an eye out for used MTD models with the same hood, there are a gaggle of good used ones everywhere... :biggrin:

B King

Forum Newbie
Threads
This is good to know, just got a STX46 gave to me. The hood is the only thing wrong with it. I am looking for one right now. Any news since this was posted a year ago?