Honda Snowblowers: Worth the $$$$ ?

Threads
I was looking on the Honda website and saw their snowblowers. They are pretty expensive! Chances are I won't buy one, but my question is, are the worth the money (are they better than other brands)? They do look for durable and I trust Honda equipment. For example, the shoot is metal on these snowblowers, but plastic on mine. There are pictures below of all 9 models.
HS724TA.jpg HS724WA.jpg HS928K1TA.jpg HS928K1TAS.jpg HS928K1WA.jpg HS928K1WAS.jpg HS1332TA.jpg HS1332TAS.jpg HS1336IAS.jpg
(Honda Snowblowers and Snow Throwers)

bwdbrn1

Threads
I've had my HS622 since new in 1999. Other than the routine annual maintenance, I've had to replace one seal and one cable in that time. I'm happy with it.

bwdbrn1

Threads
Just did a quick calculation using the original purchase price with an estimate of parts and all, I would guess that the average annual cost of this thing over the years has been around $85.00. High? I suppose, but I'm expecting that it will be the only such snowblower I will have to buy.

Threads
Just did a quick calculation using the original purchase price with an estimate of parts and all, I would guess that the average annual cost of this thing over the years has been around $85.00. High? I suppose, but I'm expecting that it will be the only such snowblower I will have to buy.

Yeah, it still looks like new!

NJsnapper

Threads
I have a Honda blower and think it worth every penny. It can literally throw the snow across a 2 lane road..

NJsnapper

Threads
Bought it used 3 years ago.. Starts every winter on the first pull

Ida-Boy

Threads
I was looking on the Honda website and saw their snowblowers. They are pretty expensive! Chances are I won't buy one, but my question is, are the worth the money (are they better than other brands)? They do look for durable and I trust Honda equipment. For example, the shoot is metal on these snowblowers, but plastic on mine.

I had a Honda as much as 12 or 13 years ago. I really went for the 4 cycle gas engine and it really kicked some butt. I believe it was an HR621 single stage.

Didn't loose much on it when I sold it. I own 2 Toro's now. Alot of makers have the 4 cycle engines now. I thing Honda was one of the first in the single stage units.

Can't say weather I would buy again. The Toro's run a bit louder than the Honda did, but I went for the 4 cycle engine at the time.