Honda Smart Drive

Honda Smart Drive Control Bracket Covers

I have disassembled the drive control at the handle, and I'm trying to reassemble it. The service manual says to verify the pin and cable move smoothly. I can move it with a screwdriver, and the cable springs back into the sheath. I am wondering how easily this cable is supposed to move. When I put the upper and lower bracket covers on, with the roller pin in the cable end and engaged into the grooves of the covers, the covers rotate with resistance, then click and go round with stops.
 
Re: Honda Smart Drive Control Bracket Covers

I have disassembled the drive control at the handle, and I'm trying to reassemble it. The service manual says to verify the pin and cable move smoothly. I can move it with a screwdriver, and the cable springs back into the sheath. I am wondering how easily this cable is supposed to move. When I put the upper and lower bracket covers on, with the roller pin in the cable end and engaged into the grooves of the covers, the covers rotate with resistance, then click and go round with stops.

The trick to success is to wedge something under the mower that holds the clutch at mid position. The assembly of the hand control is then easy. But with the cable at full retraction (relaxed), it seems impossible to close the bracket covers without the roll pin cocking out of the grooves.
 
Back
Top