Honda push mower model question

Vanousb

Threads
Am looking to buy used honda push for around house. This one is offered for 85.00. Not sure about model. Anyone know? It does not have kill switch handle, it has bearing wheels and is a mulch mower. No oil leaks or smoke. Worth 85.

Attachments

• image-92327616.jpg
    image-92327616.jpg
    149.8 KB · Views: 18

Vanousb

Threads
Bought the mower for 60 and trade of a non working murray i got at a yard sale for 15.00. Found engine model numbers. Gjae-1686265. It is a honda GCV160. Does not have bag attachment and the kill switch handle was removed. Runs on first pull. No smoke. No leaks. Sounds quiet. Has bearing wheels. Heavy body. Any advice, value, or thoughts appreciated.

magbarn

Threads
Looks like a Honda engine mounted on a MTD deck.

Vanousb

Threads
Looks like a Honda engine mounted on a MTD deck.

Actually a "Yard Machine by MTD" mower. The Honda engine is a GC160. Honda GCV160 (Type A2R)(VIN# GJAE-1000001-9999999) to be exact based on the engine SN. Trying to find out the year is was manufactured and used for the yard machines. There is absolutely no model number found on the deck. Would like to know the year and if the Honda engine was the original or as if added later.

magbarn

Threads
Is the deck stainless steel? I saw a number of these being sold from either Costco or Sam's about a decade ago for around $250 or so. Sounds like you got a good deal. This things will last forever just as long you run clean gas through it. Back here, the craigslist sellers think that just because your lawnmower has a Honda engine in it that it's worth $300 used lol.

Vanousb

Threads
Is the deck stainless steel? I saw a number of these being sold from either Costco or Sam's about a decade ago for around $250 or so. Sounds like you got a good deal. This things will last forever just as long you run clean gas through it. Back here, the craigslist sellers think that just because your lawnmower has a Honda engine in it that it's worth $300 used lol.

The deck is steel with rear discharge. Most mowers with honda engines that come through craigslist are 120-200. I had just bought two murray mowers (one working 18 inch and one newer but nonworking 21 inch) for 30.00 at a yard sale. ended up fading the nonworking one and 60 bucks for, basically the Yard Machine with Honda engine (not bad to me). Bonus was the bearing wheels, all of which are very smooth turning.

Actually was (still am) looking for a true honda push or exmark push but an happy to get a nice running had machine with honda engine.

Found some yard machine owner manuals that look like the one I have, but not sure. Try to make engine numbers to a manufacture date to get an idea of age.

Vanousb

Threads
Found it. A year 2000 model yard machine push Mower model # 11A-418Q118 with honda 5.5 hp engine o MDT shell with bearing wheels.