Honda HS 625 snow blower.

codger

Threads
I have misplaced my owners Manuel for my HS 625 blower! [not lost]
I need to know what OIL is used in the Hydrostat drive, Plus how do I change the oil in the drive?
It is very dark, has not bee changed since NEW [ 97] It must have a drain some were???
Thanks ,,, Al Hunt

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
I have misplaced my owners Manuel for my HS 625 blower! [not lost]
I need to know what OIL is used in the Hydrostat drive, Plus how do I change the oil in the drive?
It is very dark, has not bee changed since NEW [ 97] It must have a drain some were???
Thanks ,,, Al Hunt

All Honda hydrostatic-drive snowblowers use Honda Hydrostatic Fluid. It's special formula fluid with no aftermarket equivalent. Do no use any other fluid except Honda Hydrostatic Fluid in your Honda snowblower's hydrostatic transmission. Genuine Honda HST fluid is available from any Honda dealer. Here's a link to find one there in Canada:

Find A Honda Dealer (Canada)

Maybe you have an an HS624? Don't think Honda made a HS625. Here's a link to the US-version of the HS624:

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31767721.pdf

The HST fluid is good for the life of the snowblower. It is normal for it to be dark after a few years. As long as it is working fine, and there are no leaks, I would strongly recommend leaving it alone. It's big job to fully drain, fill, bleed etc. the HST in one of these units, and again, not necessary if you are not having any problems.

codger

Threads
All Honda hydrostatic-drive snowblowers use Honda Hydrostatic Fluid. It's special formula fluid with no aftermarket equivalent. Do no use any other fluid except Honda Hydrostatic Fluid in your Honda snowblower's hydrostatic transmission. Genuine Honda HST fluid is available from any Honda dealer. Here's a link to find one there in Canada:

Find A Honda Dealer (Canada)

Maybe you have an an HS624? Don't think Honda made a HS625. Here's a link to the US-version of the HS624:

http://cdn.powerequipment.honda.com/pe/pdf/manuals/31767721.pdf

The HST fluid is good for the life of the snowblower. It is normal for it to be dark after a few years. As long as it is working fine, and there are no leaks, I would strongly recommend leaving it alone. It's big job to fully drain, fill, bleed etc. the HST in one of these units, and again, not necessary if you are not having any problems.

Robert ,,, Thank you for your reply ! The machine is working fine so I will NOT mess with it, Just the idea that the oil
is original [97] & dark it might need a change? I was NOT looking forward to the job, as I have read some horror storys
by others who did IT & pulled a lot of hair out before they were successful !
Thanks ,,, Al Hunt
PS ,,, Honda mecs who know the machines are all retired or dead ! IN this area !!