Honda HRZ216TDA New transmission...still no self propel.

Mulligan22

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Honda HRZ216TDA New transmission...still no self propel.
I replaced the transmission on my Honda HRZ216TDA mower. I bought a new Honda part. The old one stopped propelling. I took pictures of the work and was careful to get all the parts back where they belonged. No parts left over. I also replaced the clutch cable and belt at the same time. No issues with the install, but the unit will not work. I can engage the clutch. The clutch arm moves to about parallel to the axle when engaged. I can force it a little further with a screwdriver as a lever, but it makes no difference. With the clutch engaged I turn the blade which turns the pulley on the transmission, but the axle does not move. So the wheels don't move. The pulley shaft moves so I know it's moving inside the transmission. Selecting different speeds make no difference either. When you push the mower, engine off, forward I hear a slight growl of the transmission, this is normal, backwards wheels roll normal with the usual clicking sounds. Engine running it does not propel at all. I am at a loss. Any suggestions would be helpful.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Honda HRZ216TDA New transmission...still no self propel.
Try the new belt against the old belt
a 1/2" difference will make the belt too long to work
Are you sure you have the tension pulley on the correct side of the belt.