Export thread

HONDA HRX217: 5 stars for traction!!!!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

This morning I mowed a lawn that was still wet with dew. It has a big rock garden out front, and there is a little strip of grass on the one side. It is probably a 30 degree incline. My mower got up it....and as I said...the grass was wet. Another reason I love my Honda! I will post a picture of the incline later today if I remember.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

This morning I mowed a lawn that was still wet with dew. It has a big rock garden out front, and there is a little strip of grass on the one side. It is probably a 30 degree incline. My mower got up it....and as I said...the grass was wet. Another reason I love my Honda! I will post a picture of the incline later today if I remember.

Do you have a picture?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Do you have a picture?

No, sorry I forgot until now. :frown: I promise I will get one tomorrow morning! Make sure you check back to see it.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

No, sorry I forgot until now. :frown: I promise I will get one tomorrow morning! Make sure you check back to see it.

Haha dont worry about it. Ill check it tomrow.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Here are the pictures, as promised. My hands are having trouble typing this because it is so cold out and it started to rain. :frown:Great weather! :laughing:
And again, my mower got up this hill without the aid of me. I purposely just let the mower pull me to see if it could get up this hill, and it did! :biggrin: In wet grass!
Enjoy!
1.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

Looking down the hill:
2.jpg

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Here are the pictures, as promised. My hands are having trouble typing this because it is so cold out and it started to rain. :frown:Great weather! :laughing:
And again, my mower got up this hill without the aid of me. I purposely just let the mower pull me to see if it could get up this hill, and it did! :biggrin: In wet grass!
Enjoy!
View attachment 9037

View attachment 9039

View attachment 9040

Looking down the hill:
View attachment 9038

Thats pretty steep for it to get up by itself. I have two self propelled mowers that i use just for small areas. I dont think any of them would be able to get up that hill without me pushing.

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Thats pretty steep for it to get up by itself. I have two self propelled mowers that i use just for small areas. I dont think any of them would be able to get up that hill without me pushing.

I know! :biggrin: My Honda HRR wouldn't even be able to go 1 inch up it because the tires are so smooth, there are absolutely no treads at all!

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

Maybe this is the reason my HRX has so much more traction compared to my HRR: look at the treads (or lack there of on the HRR!!:laughing:)
DSCN0610 - Copy.jpg
P.S. I have had some muddy days with my HRX, as you can see in the picture!

C

CZLawnCare

I usey hrr to climb a few hills like this one and never have problems

Attachments

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

I usey hrr to climb a few hills like this one and never have problems

Well yours probably has treads on the tires! :laughing:

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

Maybe this is the reason my HRX has so much more traction compared to my HRR: look at the treads (or lack there of on the HRR!!:laughing:)
View attachment 9053
P.S. I have had some muddy days with my HRX, as you can see in the picture!

How old is the HRR? That back tire is completly bald haha

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

How old is the HRR? That back tire is completly bald haha

6 years and 1 month old. And last year and the beginning of this year I pushed it all around the neighborhood to mow lawns. Now I can't stand it compared to my HRX.

D2hornets58

D2hornets58

6 years and 1 month old. And last year and the beginning of this year I pushed it all around the neighborhood to mow lawns. Now I can't stand it compared to my HRX.

How do you carry the weed wacker and blower? Do you put it somewhere on the mower or do u make 2 trips?

lawn mower fanatic

lawn mower fanatic

How do you carry the weed wacker and blower? Do you put it somewhere on the mower or do u make 2 trips?

I strap my blower to my mower handle and I carry the weedwacker in the other hand.