Repairs Honda HRR216VYA Roto Stop issues

brian0918

Forum Newbie
Threads
I purchased the HRR mower 1-2 years ago, and have tried to take great care of it. It has worked perfectly until today. After mowing the front lawn, I moved to the back lawn, and went to engage the mower blade (push the yellow button, then pull the bar back). As I pulled the bar back, I heard a snap inside the roto-stop assembly, and now the bar does nothing. It will not engage the mower blades.

I took it apart, and found that the small round metal head of the cable will not stay in place inside the assembly. As you pull the bar back, it forces the cable head to pop out of place. You can see the part I'm referring to in the following video, at 2:04

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w9TS8vl0Cjg#t=2m04s

So what is going on here? It doesn't look like anything is broken, and based on that video, I shouldn't have to glue it in place. So why is the cable popping out of place? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

brian0918

Forum Newbie
Threads
After more inspection and fiddling, it looks like the plastic "roto-stop cable arm" may have damage to it, allowing the metal cable end to slip out between the plastic notch that is supposed to hold it.

So we will probably try to get a replacement for that.

hrr216k5vxa_throttle_lever.gif

"9" - Arm, Roto-Stop Cable - 75128-VL0-C00

brian0918

Forum Newbie
Threads
In the meantime, I found an easy workaround is to simply turn the metal cable end on its side (it's shaped like a cylinder), then use pliers to force it down into the plastic notch. That will wedge it in place.