Honda HRR216VYA Mower

Ringneck

Threads
I just purchased my first house and need a new mower. When I was in high school I had a small lawn business and used a Honda Commercial mower (thing was a tank)...i loved it. Unfortunately, I no longer have the commercial mower. I have decided i want to go with a Honda due to my past experience. I think I have decided on the HRR216VYA. My question is does the HRR216 have an adjustable handle? I'm tall and need a handle that is pretty tall as well.

Threads
I just purchased my first house and need a new mower. When I was in high school I had a small lawn business and used a Honda Commercial mower (thing was a tank)...i loved it. Unfortunately, I no longer have the commercial mower. I have decided i want to go with a Honda due to my past experience. I think I have decided on the HRR216VYA. My question is does the HRR216 have an adjustable handle? I'm tall and need a handle that is pretty tall as well.

WELCOME TO LMF!
I know the 2013 HRR216VKA's do have an adjustable handle. See this picture.
hrr216vka.jpg
I would recommend buying the 2013 model because it has the Clip Director. And also I'm not sure if the 2012 model has an adjustable handle. With the Clip Director, there is no literal mulch plug, so you can switch from bagging to mulching without taking out or putting in a mulch plug. So if you want to go from bagging to mulching you don't have to take off the bag and put in the plug, you can just keep the bag on and switch the lever. :thumbsup:
clip director.jpg
P.S. I think choosing a Honda is a smart choice! :thumbsup:

Honda Website: Honda Lawn Mowers: HRR216VKA, HRR216K8VKA

:welcome:

Ringneck

Threads
Today I was able to take a look at the 2013 model at my local Home Depot. I believe it ran $499. How often does Home Depot run sales?? The 2012 model was being offered at $429. How much difference is there between the 2012 and the 2013 models other than the mulch/bag lever?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
Ringneck:

The HRR216VYA, like many Honda models, has running changes now and then. Honda indicates these with a sometimes hard-to-find code in the full model name. These are called "K-changes." You can see the full model name on the data plate on the back edge of the mower deck, or on a paper label on the outside of the carton.

HRR2168VYA was built up until January of 2012. Many dealers are discounting them to make way for the new versions.
The new HRR2169VYA is new for 2013.

Changes between the K8 and K9:
-K9 adds the Clip Director, which allows for instant change between mulch or bag/discharge. No loose parts, no mulching plug.
-K9 has an improved twin-blade configuration called MicroCut, that provide better cut quality.
-K9 has a slightly different styled fan cover.:rolleyes:
-K9 has improved design under the deck (scroll, belt cover, ramp, etc.) for better mulching performance.

Lots of details about the HRR216VYA at Honda's website: Honda Lawn Mowers: HRR216VYA