Honda HRR216VXA FREE

jakesmurray

Threads
While driving through a local neighborhood today, I spotted a Honda push mower in a driveway with a free sign on it.
I walked up to the door and asked the older lady what was wrong with it and if it was really free. She said "something is wrong with it, I'm not sure what".
Needless to say, I threw it on my flatbed and took it home.
The mower is in mint condition, with little grass caked underneath it.
I put the lever in the choke position, and gave it a pull. It started first pull and ran great!
I really could not believe this, even the PTO and self propulsion works.
The only thing I noticed was sometimes you have to give it a little jolt to get the self propelled going when you first engage it.
What do you guys think? Do any of you have this mower, and what do you like or dislike about it?
I am undecided if I will sell it or use it for my business...

Threads
I have a Honda HRR mower but not that model. Personally I would keep it!! :thumbsup:

bwdbrn1

Threads
Dang, why can't I find deals like that?

It seems that some people just don't care for that Smart Drive system saying it's uncomfortable to use and hard to control. Never having used one, I can't say, but I'd sure like to find one at the price you paid!:biggrin:

pugaltitude

Lawn Addict
Threads
We have a range over here called the Honda IZY or HRG range which looks just like the HRR range but doesnt have the smart drive system.

The 21" version is bad on the gearboxes. The 16"-18" not a problem. Is the cable at full adjustment?
I dont know if its the same type as the HRR but common over here.

jakesmurray

Threads
We have a range over here called the Honda IZY or HRG range which looks just like the HRR range but doesnt have the smart drive system.

The 21" version is bad on the gearboxes. The 16"-18" not a problem. Is the cable at full adjustment?
I dont know if its the same type as the HRR but common over here.

Do you know how to get it at full adjustment?
I probably should try to find a manual for this thing...

Threads

jakesmurray

Threads
While I was mowing with it today I noticed that when I would go to engage the self propell, it wouldn't always move. Sometimes only the right wheel would move. Also, when you aren't depressing the thumb levers, are you supposed to be able to 'free-wheel' the mower, like to pull it backwards? It was locked up when I would try to pull it back towards me, so I had to tip it up on its front wheels to move it manually. That is a real pain in the butt. Maybe I'm just not using it right or maybe there is an adjustment...