Honda HRR2169VKA or K9 won't stay on.

solidsnakejv

Forum Newbie
Threads
Initially it didn't start at all. So I did some research and clean out the carburetor very well and it still wouldn't turn on. I changed the sparkplug and it still wouldn't come on. I sprayed Starting Fluid in the Carburetor and it turned on for about a second before it shut off, which lead me to believe it's not getting fuel. I took the carburetor to a shop and they clean it for me, even though I thought I did a good job myself.
The same thing happens, it turns on for a second if I spray starting fluid. It even barely turns on if i tilt the mower to the right after i manually push the governor to let some fuel into the carburetor.
I'm almost certain the issue has to do with no fuel making it to the engine, question is, should i get a new carburetor even though i think the one i have is really clean and in good conditions, or could it possibly be something else? When does the governor actually move on its own to release fuel?

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
check the valve lash
if good then start the engine and give it short shots of the happy gas down the carb.
IF you can keep it running for a minute or so by gicvining the engine SHAOR shots of starter fluid down the carb, that confirms the engine is not getting fuel and that the valves are working properly.

tpkoenigsr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Initially it didn't start at all. So I did some research and clean out the carburetor very well and it still wouldn't turn on. I changed the sparkplug and it still wouldn't come on. I sprayed Starting Fluid in the Carburetor and it turned on for about a second before it shut off, which lead me to believe it's not getting fuel. I took the carburetor to a shop and they clean it for me, even though I thought I did a good job myself.
The same thing happens, it turns on for a second if I spray starting fluid. It even barely turns on if i tilt the mower to the right after i manually push the governor to let some fuel into the carburetor.
I'm almost certain the issue has to do with no fuel making it to the engine, question is, should i get a new carburetor even though i think the one i have is really clean and in good conditions, or could it possibly be something else? When does the governor actually move on its own to release fuel?
Always ... Always, Only use “Non Ethanol” Fuel for your mower, or any other Yard Equipment !!