honda HR215 transmission

mahaffeymj

Threads
Is it possible to replace a hydrostatic transmission on a HR215HXA with a transmission from a HR215SXA. Thanks

mahaffeymj

Threads
I see. thanks. I will inquire the reverse, if anyone knows, if the HR215SXA or (K1) can be fitted with a hydrostatic transmission
20001-VD6-305?

HRKyle

Forum Newbie
Threads
I see. thanks. I will inquire the reverse, if anyone knows, if the HR215SXA or (K1) can be fitted with a hydrostatic transmission
20001-VD6-305?
It will fit. Control handles would be different. You have change those. You would need the Hydro cable you would be losing one cable because no need to shift. I put a 2 speed transmission out of a Hr214 sx in a Hr215 sx mower. The original 3 speed was trashed the pinion gear “is what I would call it”was worn down. I had the handle with the two speed controls so it was not a problem. If I had to buy that probably would not have done it. There was only one problem. It was to fast. Not sure if the RPMs of drive shaft going to trany was faster or what. 1st gear Was a little slower than what I would be comfortable with and in second you would need to almost jog. Someone looking at another mower I had thought it was to slow he bought it Loved the speed. He was about 6 ft 7inchs talll

HRKyle

Forum Newbie
Threads
It will fit. Control handles would be different. You have change those. You would need the Hydro cable you would be losing one cable because no need to shift. I put a 2 speed transmission out of a Hr214 sx in a Hr215 sx mower. The original 3 speed was trashed the pinion gear “is what I would call it”was worn down. I had the handle with the two speed controls so it was not a problem. If I had to buy that probably would not have done it. There was only one problem. It was to fast. Not sure if the RPMs of drive shaft going to trany was faster or what. 1st gear Was a little slower than what I would be comfortable with and in second you would need to almost jog. Someone looking at another mower I had thought it was to slow he bought it Loved the speed. He was about 6 ft 7inchs talll
One more thing the bracket that little bar on the side of the transmission slides up and down on might be different It bolts on. Easy to change.