Honda HR21 Rear Wheels - compatability ?

waylonJ

Threads
I picked-up a rough HR21 mower for $25. It was described as needing a new rear wheel which it does. The wheel hub basically snapped in a circular shape around the hub area. I don't think some epoxy would be enough to secure it so I need a new wheel. The OEM new wheels (8") are nearly $50 each. Yikes. My question is around compatabiity with other wheels. The Craftsman wheels look very similar and has the gearing groves on the outer part of the wheel - much like the Toro front wheels. The newer Honda mowers have metal gear on the wheels - I wonder if that would work? Here are some pics:

This is what the rear wheels look like - notice the gearing on the top 2.
Wheel HR21.jpg

Here are some pretty similar wheels from a Craftsman - looks like the shaft and gearing is similar. This is an 8" wheel just like the Honda.
HR21 wheel.jpg

Here are the newest style of rear Honda wheels for rear wheel drive mowers: I wonder if the drive gear on the mower would mesh properly with this different style - it may work.
2 honda hr21.png

Has anyone had experience with the HR21 type wheels and replacing them? I am trying to find a junk mower to pull the wheels from but nothing is showing in my area.

tranchinh

Threads
I have HR21 but rear wheel have metal gear as you said its newer style .I dont think it will work even the 2 gear may match up fine but its will move backward

upupandaway

Threads
I have the wheel u r looking for and No- the sears wheel won't fit. I tried out of curiosity.

Attachments

• honda.jpg
    honda.jpg
    169.2 KB · Views: 3