HONDA GXV120 Replacement

Honda-Mower-Fan

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an older Honda HR214 with the aluminum deck. The engine smokes on startup and sometimes a little bit during operation. I have an opportunity to buy a brand new in the factory box never fired GXV120 engine. My question is this. Are all the GXV120 engines the same? Can I do a straight swap out, or are certain GXV120 specific to the machine that they are used on? The one in question is a 4hp. I’m not sure what the H.P on my current HR214 is. Also what’s the going rate for a brand new engine? Thank you all.

Chris Parman

Threads
Show me some detailed pictures for example front, back and sides Or send your GXV120 and I will rebuild it for you. Send me a private message and we can talk about the rebuild. I have performed two GXV (one 120 and one 140) rebuilds and my rebuilds are not just "Slapped" together. It is a Meticulous rebuild. You actually found a "Brand new" GXV120?, whats the price?

tranchinh

Threads
Yes,it should fit,but GXV 120 is little weakj .I would find a good used GXV140 or even GXV 160 to install on HR214,It fit perfectly,just make sure it is SX or SXA model,HXA model disign to use on hydrostatic trans with dif gear ratio

Last edited:

tranchinh

Threads
Also if you buy that engine make sure it have PTO shaft to drive your trans.