Honda front wheel is crooked

rpearlberg

Threads
Last year I bought a Honda mower at Home Depot. Today I noticed that the front left wheel is crooked....anyone know how to fix this? If I'm pushing the mower forward, the front left wheel is angled out to the left a bit...

I can try to take a picture tomorrow.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Very similar! What can I do to fix this?

As long as the wheel bolt is tight. I put a washer between the height selector arm and the mower helps a lot. The wheels on the hrr are kinda crap. Front wheels are not ball bearing. The hardware is cheap for the front. The stock tires on the drive wheels wear so fast its annoying.

I put snapper 8 in wheels with bearings on the front with the well places washer and that makes the front work well. I'm waiting for my tires for the hr215 swap for the rear.

bwdbrn1

Threads
Seems like it's a matter of the metal on the deck that the adjusters bolt onto bending outward over time. If it were mine, I'd try removing the wheel, put a block of wood under the deck on one side, and apply pressure by maybe stepping on the axel to bend it back downward. Do a bit at a time, slip the wheel back on and see if it makes any difference.

You can use the wheels for the HRM/HRB215s that have bearings on these mowers. You have to get the longer axel bolts that are used on the rear wheels of these mowers to put them on.

If you look at the after picture in my post on changing tires, that's what I used on that HRT216.

Not to hijack your thread, but just for grins, you can use those same axel bolts to put duals on an HR214 or HR215.

Should work nicely on soft sandy ground.

Threads
Not to hijack your thread, but just for grins, you can use those same axel bolts to put duals on an HR214 or HR215.

Now that's something I want to do! :shocked::thumbsup:

Jkdet67

Forum Newbie
Threads
Seems like it's a matter of the metal on the deck that the adjusters bolt onto bending outward over time. If it were mine, I'd try removing the wheel, put a block of wood under the deck on one side, and apply pressure by maybe stepping on the axel to bend it back downward. Do a bit at a time, slip the wheel back on and see if it makes any difference.

You can use the wheels for the HRM/HRB215s that have bearings on these mowers. You have to get the longer axel bolts that are used on the rear wheels of these mowers to put them on.

If you look at the after picture in my post on changing tires, that's what I used on that HRT216.

That whole dual tire thing looks so AWSOME.

jgayman01

Threads
It's strange that you mention this. I just bought a HRS mower, also from HD, and my left front tire is ever so slightly crooked. It's not near as bad as yours but it looks like the camber is mis-adjusted. :)

Mike88se

Threads
I've used the washer method that exotion mentioned, with good results.
The method bwdbrn1 mentioned sounds good tho.
Hey bwdbrn1... thats a good looking mower... any of the parts you bought from me on that mower?