Honda Forum Way Too Quiet

slow_runner

Threads
In 1982 the local mower company down here Victa ( who had 70% ) of the local market & exported world wide, except the USA where they were banned on "safety grounds" becaue they presented a real threat to the USA push mower industry, released the Power torque, the best 2 stroke mower engine ever designed.
The Power Torq enginewas so good, so maintenance free that no one ever mantained them so after 15 years the mower that used to take 1/2 hour to mow the lawn took 1/2 hour to start.
They then decided that Victas were garbage that never worked, stormed out & bought a Honda.
The fact that 20 minutes of work & $ 30 worth of parts restored the engine to "works like new" condition never entered their heads.

Hello Bert. Would you have the number and size O rings that I would require to refresh my Victa and be OK posting here or by PM? Thanks.

Here is our Victa. It had the appearance of only ever been used and not cleaned down at all.
When I got it home I gave it a thorough LP waterblast clean and dried with air. now running OK although I will need to renew the primer bulb/carb cover.
Victa  with mulch plug.jpg

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Hello Bert. Would you have the number and size O rings that I would require to refresh my Victa and be OK posting here or by PM? Thanks.

Here is our Victa. It had the appearance of only ever been used and not cleaned down at all.
When I got it home I gave it a thorough LP waterblast clean and dried with air. now running OK although I will need to renew the primer bulb/carb cover.
View attachment 38106

No,
They are not standard size O rings

Started new thread about it here http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/showthread.php/48420-Victa-O-ring-Replacement?p=298132#post298132

HRX217HZA

Threads
On the subject of oil color.

I’ve always noticed OPE oil looks grey instead of black, I’ve never given it much though since oil color typically means little but it always looks like a graphite additive we used to use at the dealer...