Honda fans, look what people throw away

upupandaway

Threads
Not sure why it was at the curb being i just opened the gas valve, choked it, and it started.
Not a spec of rust on the chrome. Obviously very well kept.
Honda mower

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Hope they don't want it back ....
s1026.gif

Born2Mow

Threads
I lived in downtown Atlanta for decades. Whenever I needed a mower, a computer or most anything "technical" I could just drive around and find it on the curb. People have absolutely more money than common sense these days.

Which reminds me, I just picked up a Honda 21" walk-behind last week. My BIL wanted me to haul it to the county dump for him. He's a genius software writer. Go figure.

Pixburd

Threads
When I throw things away, I attach the manual and spare parts.

upupandaway

Threads
It was cold when i picked it up and it was left out next to the full trash cans Fri. From personal experience maybe the owner just had a bad day when it wouldn't start and he gave up or maybe the person never turned the gas on and "told dad"(the valve was shut off). For myself almost all the time, when it does this, i just put it away and fire up my other mower\trimmer, etc. Next week it starts fine.

Born To Mow- I always joke calling it Curb Shopping. This like the Chop saw that i posted recently(bad piston&rings), Gilson tiller(broken wheel), even server rack type APC1700 UPS- 3U tall for those who know the jargon(just had dead batteries-APC's will only boot up with good batteries), NorthStar Pressure Washer — 4200 PSI, 3.5 GPM, Model# 157127 that the repair shop left out(bad carb), etc etc. amazing what people toss.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The previous owner of the repair run moved to a costal village near the National Capital.
Just about all of the beach side properties are owned by public servants on healthy salaries and are weekenders .
He noticed every Monday morning, a lot of mowers , trimmers & blowers siting on the curb.
It took a year to work out what was happening.
Most government departments work Flexi-Time and a 9 day fortnight.
Some allow you to bank one day so you can do one 3 day week every 2nd month.
So to suck up to their superiours & intimidate their underlings they hold regular dinner parties.
'Flex off Wed, drive down to the weekender get up Thurs morning, mower won't go order a new one from the shop 20 miles away because they deliver same day.
Toss out all the "bad" stuff Monday before they leave for work .
So none of the locals ever buy any yard equipment, or dishwashers, or fridges, freezers etc, they just pick them off the curb Monday mornings in summer .
He has a brand new 19" Honda SP which he fitted with fitted with Victa 4 blade mulching plate, brand new Honda 35 cc brush cutter , Stihl BR 400 , Shindawa hedge trimmer & blower .
All picked up off the side of the road , around $ 5000 ( Aus) .
The worst one had a blocked air filter, most just had water in the fuel or a fouled spark plug, some just had no fuel or in the case of the Honda mowers, fuel tap turned off ( wonder why it would not start ).

SO now I understand why we get these idiot pollution laws cause there are the type of people who make them .

upupandaway

Threads
When I throw things away, I attach the manual and spare parts.
Sorry but for a second i pictured you in my head looking like the Dos Equis Guy.