Honda engine GCV530

bj33790

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hi everyone.

I have a weird problem that I hope someone can help me with.

My sit-on mower is a Honda HF2216, (manual gearbox) with a Honda GCV530 engine.

My problem is that when I turn the starter key, the starter motor engages, but only turns the flywheel about a quarter of a turn, there is a loud 'clunk', it wont start and it just does this every time I turn the key.

I have a new battery - thought it might be that - (also I have used boost leads to another battery across it, same result)

I have changed the starter motor and solenoid for a new one -thought it might be that - same result.

I have checked the negative wire has a good connection and isn't corroded, so all seems fine.

I took out one of the spark plugs and then turned the starter key - the engine turned over no problem and a large jet of petrol shot out of the open plug hole - is this normal?.

I replaced the spark plug, turned the starter key and it fired ok and the engine started and ran fine.

I went out and cut lots of grass, no problem, switch off the mower, leave it for a day or two and the problem is the same.....anyone any idea what is going on?

This is a recurring problem each time

I am a bit stumped.

thanks anyone for your time.

bj

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I am not a Honda guy but it sounds like a hydro lock. No, it is not normal for lots of gas to come out.